Duration: 04:30, Browse: 617, Last Updated: 2020-03-19
Play Video: http://llai.cm.ntu.edu.tw/media/1322
Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? Is there good historical evidence for the resurrection of Jesus? Are miracles really possible? Explore the evidence for yoursel...
Differences between Jesus rising from dead and those fairy tale?
Resurrection of Jesus is rational, which is based on historical facts.
Five facts of historical evidence
1. Jesus died by crucifixion
2. His disciples were convinced that he rose from the dead and appeared to them.
3. Paul, a sworn enemy of the early Christians, suddenly became a Christian.
4. Jesus's skeptical brother, James, also became a Christian
5. The tomb where they put Jesus's body was empty.
An explanation for these facts
1. conspiracy theory<--> why would fishermen do it? The disciples had absolutely nothing to gain by lying about Jesus's resurrection. People don't willingly die for something they know isn't ture.
2. Hallucinating theory<--> 500 witnesses saw Jesus at the same time and the disciples touched him.
Science cannot explain miracle
Miracles is not a natural phenomenon. It's supernatural. Supernatural event would lie outside the boundaries of science.
Science cannot have hypothesis that lies outside its boundaries.